Hinkson Family Circle





Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday

We went swimming. No high dives or anything exciting but we did get to experience a taste of Nazi Germany. We went to lunch with the Corbetts at Fashion Cafe and that was fun. We took the taxi home and rested before heading to the Mall with the arcade where the boys used their allotted tokens while I bought last minute food and things for the Russia trip. It was hard to find batteries but we succeeded. We also got some antibiotics at the pharmacy (no prescription needed.) I am concerned about a sore that is pretty infected on my arm and both of my ears seem to be infected and so I guess I should be grateful that I have made it almost a month with no serious illness here in Ukraine which Sonya calls "Just one big Virus" Guess the old immunities are caving in or something. I should be able to resist ANYTHING in the US after the grand tour of disease and corruption we are having over here. I am so happy for Dave to be going home in 2 days. We are excited for court tomorrow. We don't really feel nervous--we probably should but we got nervous for other things and they were no big deal and so why waste the white blood cells right?? We already got rejected by an orphan, you can't really get much worse and so we are not going to sweat it and try to enjoy it. It may be the most fun court ever:)
PS the Corbetts get to have both boys at their house for the rest of the trip. They are doing well and adjusting to a real Mom and Dad. Did I mention how lucky we are to be able to travel at the same time. Some things are just meant to be.
Thanks for the kind wishes.
We love you
The Hinksons


1 comment:

  1. The nice thing is that your boys will be pretty immune too. Alex has had one ear infection since coming home and a case of the sniffles. (And I'm pretty sure the ear infection had to do with getting too much water trapped in his ear after swimming.) Very resilient kids. At least that's what I've found.
    We had our lunch today and Amy and I talked about your blog and how much it reminded us of each other. So glad you have Sonya.
    K. Next time we hear from you it should be after court. I'm sure things will be great. The judge only has to see your bright countenance and feel the loving spirit you and Dave bring and the boys will be yours!
    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete