Hinkson Family Circle





Friday, June 25, 2010

We have Visas-- America Softra

Today we went to the Embassy and picked up our VISAS! I was giving Tyler high fives as we walked in and we were so excited to get them. When we got to the window the guy said we have one small problem (our hearts shot immediately to our shoes.) He only needed a signature that we had missed on a couple of papers and then he was able to give us the Visas. These little passports with the visas are like gold. I left the apartment and I hid them. They can steal all my clothes and whatever but NOT THOSE PRECIOUS VISAS. Especially when Monday is a holiday and we don't want to lose our flights again.

We then went to the SDA shops. Oleg got a stuffed bear (he loves animals) Vitaly got a Ukrainian soccer shirt and some cards. I got some Russian pocket knives for Wendy and a compass for girls camp and Tyler got a Russian T-shirt. We then went and met up with the Corbetts and had a fun time talking our heads off while they packed and the boys played and had fun. We all went to McDonalds and ate by the fountain and enjoyed a little people watching for one last time in Kiev. They got their flight plans and will be going out of the same flight as us to NYC and then we go on separate flights to SLC. They arrive at almost 11 and we arrive at 11:30 on flight 1835. We are so excited to get home and hug everyone. The trip will be 21 hours and so hopefully we won't be so awful looking that we aren't recognizable. Just listen for the cute Ukrainian accents and people singing "We're coming to America TODAY!"


One cute PS. On the way walking home today the boys spotted the store Spencer and Marks and Vitaly and Oleg recognized the name Spencer (Oleg's new name) and were so excited. We took a picture of him under the sign. It is so fun to see them so happy about their new life.

2 comments:

  1. Whew! I am so glad you got things straightened out. I just love Oksana or Oxana or Oskana and felt like she was the one person I could trust there. I was hoping she hadn't succumbed to the traditional Ukraine way of doing business. (If you need to delete this comment because I'm being so frank...I understand.)
    Whootwhoo both families will be on American soil on Saturday. Did either of your boys have TB issues? If so, don't be surprised when you're greeted at the first airport in the US by a board of health representative.
    Thanks so much for getting me my knives. My boys will be thrilled. Let me know what I owe you.
    Travel safe and trust me-you won't be looking funnier than I at the airport.
    Much love and prayers for a safe trip coming your way!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are finally coming home. I am so excited for you. See you Saturday night and have a safe trip. My girls ordered coffee on the plan ride home and drank it before I even noticed(I wasn't sitting next to them). Remembering made me laugh. I was surprised the stewardess gave my 11 and 10 year old coffee in the first place.

    I am also glad you worked things out with Oksana. I thought she was great and am happy to hear things are o.k.

    ReplyDelete