Hinkson Family Circle





Saturday, June 12, 2010

last day in Russia

I spent the day sick today. I wanted to get together with Elder Neilsen who I posted a picture of a couple days ago and take them to dinner or at least get some pictures for his Mom and Dad but we called and he was on the other side of the city working on a new apartment where a new couple is going to live and they were not available to get together. Tyler went to a church picnic where he can see some people that he knows and I stayed home and went to bed.

I don't know what I have exactly. It is a really bad headache, blurred vision, Stomach distress and general weakness and I feel kind of Dizzy. I probably ate something bad or drank water without knowing it wasn't boiled or who knows. I probably worried myself sick with the Oleg stuff going on. Maybe it is sympathy sickness because Daniel, Alisa and Scott have been sick at home. I am actually surprised that I haven't been way sick, way more and feel grateful for good health on this adventure in Ukraine and Russia.

I talked to Nanette Garrett for a few minutes when she was at our house (at home) picking up he kids who stayed this week for EFY. She said that Dnepro is a hard place and Sumy is an easier place to live (good news for those headed to Sumy) and that she thinks that Oleg's family members just want money from us and so they think if they tie things up that we will pay them off to disappear. WRONG. We will need to move to another apartment when we get back to Dnepro so they will leave us alone.

Tomorrow we leave early and make our way back to Moscow, and then Kiev and then Dnepro. I hope all goes well and we are back with our boys again soon. Then back with the whole family soon after.

All is well (for being unwell :)

PS I talked to Sonya (my Hero) and she said that the boys are having a ton of fun as the "We're going to America" group.. She has been keeping them out of the orphanage as much as she can while we get back. She made the point that I would do the same thing if the situation was reversed. It made me think about a cool statue that I heard about but have not ever seen. It was a group of mother buffalo in a circle with their heads pointed outside and some baby buffalo in the middle. It was titled "Alliance" I think that as Moms we will stick together to protect our babies, no matter what species, so if you want to mess with our kids... watch out for the MOMS.



3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better very soon. Good idea on moving! I'm glad Sonia could be such a help! Hang in there, you will soon be home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are sick. You have really had a rough time of it lately. How terrible to be sick in a foreign country. I loved all the pictures and your awesome commentary. I am glad you still have it in you to make us all laugh even when you are miserably sick. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the buffalo statue. You are right, don't mess with moms....especially American mom's that have jumped through all the international adoption hoops and have gone through so much in such a short amount of time!!
    Hope you feel better. My stomach feels sick just THINKING you drank the water!
    Have safe flights!
    W

    ReplyDelete