Hinkson Family Circle





Sunday, June 13, 2010

On the way back to Ukraine

Well I have been whining lately about my trials (no sleep, sickness, worries, weariness with this experience etc.) and we can add to the list that I am having evidence that my kidney stone (I have had one in my kidney for a few years but it hasn't been in position to be born yet and isn't usually painful or a problem) is acting up and the last place I want to give birth to a kidney stone is in Ukraine.. I have stopped drinking juice and soft drinks and am pushing the water in hopes to skip all the fun I hear comes with kidney stone delivery :)

What I was getting at was that I have had some trials lately. Just as the people of Alma found out in the Book of Mormon, "the Lord doth visit His children in their trials." I have seen this happening. The Corbetts are watching over our boys in Ukraine. Dave is handling things at home (and doing an awesome job juggling it all) and Tyler is taking care of me and I am being greatly comforted in all of this by the Spirit for which I am truly grateful.

Each day I try to ask in prayer what I should read for the day for part of my personal scripture study. Every time I ask I have a chapter or group of chapters come to mind that I read and they always teach me something that I need that day. This has been a great direction for me for years. Yesterday my chapter was D&C 31. Almost every verse was exactly what I needed and it was like it was written just for me. I know that these trials are no fun, but sometimes the growth and comfort that comes are worth the temporary discomfort.

I have also been reading Amy Rast's blog and laughing and crying through her and Wendy's and other's experiences. I feel like a big baby when I see what the other ladies have been through in their adoptions. It also reassures me that we will all survive and be so happy when we finish this race.

We are in the Moscow airport and plan to be back in Dneprojerjinsk tonight and get our boys for good tomorrow. We will move to another apt. to dodge the wicked relatives. Maybe that is why Wendy and Amy call it "dodge" if you are not dodging spit on the sidewalk or potholes on the road, you are dodging people who want to be paid for children you are trying to prevent from becoming just like them.

We won't complain
We'll board that plane
For those we love
We are off to Ukraine.




2 comments:

  1. Teeheehee. Dr Seuss has nothing on you!!
    Oh my a kidney stone-I was just joking about that in one of my comments to you-about "this too shall pass-like a kidney stone but it will pass." I hope I didn't jinks you!
    Maybe instead of Dniprozerzink (or some variation of that spelling) it should be called Dodgezerstink! Close enough?
    Good luck and may your birth certificates and passports be fast and your bribery fee's low or none at all!
    Blessings,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Wendy about Dr. Seuss having nothing on you. Your blog is a joy to read. You are not a baby and your journey has been pretty rough, if you ask me. We will pray that you don't end up with kidney stones in a Ukranian hospital, that is something none of us want you to experience. You have to provide your own linens and even toilet paper if you go so make sure and take your favorite scent if you end up there :) Sorry I shouldn't joke about that I really feel stressed for you and will be praying for you.

    Thanks for the inspiring post, perfect for my Sunday. You are an awesome woman.

    One of the best parts of my adoption journey has been meeting flat out amazing people. It is a comfort to know that we are all here to support each other and understand each other when no one else can. It has been delightful to get to know you through your blog. You have added a laugh to my day now for weeks, including today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete