Hinkson Family Circle





Monday, June 21, 2010

The roller coaster day

The boys and Tyler left early to go to Dnepro (big city) to play with the Elders who have a preparation day today. They played American Football and Soccer (Ty said Vitaly was better than anyone) and then they cooked Shish-k- bobs at the park and played laser tag. It was a fun day for them. I stayed home and packed and cleaned and organized in hopes that our passports would be ready tomorrow. I made some macaroni salad and caramel popcorn without brown sugar and corn syrup (so it is unique) but it was nice to have some peace and solitude. I had an appointment to go with Anya (the flower lawyer) to get the last paper we need at 2 pm Oksana called just before 2 and said that it would be 4. She said that the person who needed to sign it had been penalized by the prosecutor for signing something too quickly and that they were all getting a lot of pressure because some people believe that our separating the kids was too hasty.. Anyway she said that she may come back to town on Wednesday and maybe I could get the passports on Thursday. I told her firmly that she had told me Monday or Tuesday and that I have to be home this week. ( I am in charge of girls camp the first week in July and it is going to be a trick to do all I need to with only one week left as it is) She said that she would call back and to be ready at 4. I was ready and then she called and said that I didn't need to go. The lady at the passport office said that she could give her the paper later and that we could for sure have our passports on Wednesday. 100% for sure she said. So I changed gears and started looking for flights home online. I am afraid to answer the phone in case there is another change. Tyler got a call and Oksana said that we need to go tomorrow at 9 am to do the paper and so we will see how that goes. She said it is safer to do it before we get the passports. I am all for safe and secure and I feel that the most in the good ole USA. When I get home, I am putting up the patriotic decorations and don't be surprised if they are still there at Christmas.

Our plan is to go to Dnepro (big city) and get the passports on Wed and then go right to the train station and head to Kiev. We will be there Thurs and Fri and leave for home sometime this weekend. I will post a time we will get in when we get brave enough to actually pay for the tickets. I am so excited to be home, it seems like a dream. I will probably wake up each morning and pinch myself and then run and hug my fam.

I wrote part of a song the other day, here are the words:

Finish my Faith

Finish my faith
to finish this test
I will give my all
Please give me the rest

Help me to find
All that I need
I'm ready to follow
Wherever You lead

And if the path takes all of my strength
And when the struggle becomes too great
I know You are there, You will be there,
To finish my faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment