Hinkson Family Circle





Saturday, June 5, 2010

Parks in Moscow

Today we went to some beautiful parks in Moscow. One has the palace of Queen Catherine #2. It wasn't as big as Catherine's Palace in St Petersburg and the park was not as big as Peterhoff but it was beautiful and peaceful. There were a lot of brides there getting pictures with their husbands. There was the biggest limo I have ever seen at our hotel today to take a couple to get married. This is like a different country than Ukraine. Much cleaner, people are happier, I know that I have only seen a little tiny part of Russia but so far I am impressed.

Tonight we fly to Omsk and will begin to see people that Tyler knew from his missionary service over here in Siberia. I am excited to see what it is like there. Amy I haven't seen any scented TP here. We did get the strawberry kind and it is awesome. Today Tyler said that maybe he should start that industry up in the US. He is pretty impressed with what Brother Marriott has done and is bored enough to start thinking about all of his future careers.

I will try to post pictures too.
All is well
Christy


2 comments:

  1. Apparently my previous post didn't post. But if is shows up later, I apologize for the repeat. Through your blog pictures, the difference between Ukraine and Russia is obvious. Red Square is beautiful. I love a dramatic storm like the one your showed and I bet the pictures didn't do it justice! Like Wendy, I wonder if you received our last email to you? It took longer to "send" than normal. Let us know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I sent it again only this time I just sent my response with out all our back and forth stuff. So far it hasn't bounced back.
    Amazing how the countries can be so different. Hope you have a great flight and Tyler enjoys seeing everyone and showing off his MOM!

    ReplyDelete