Hinkson Family Circle





Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Passport Application.....Check

We spent the day in Dnepropetrovsk again today doing the passport application. We hope it will be done in a few days. The sooner the better. We found out that the Corbetts are having trouble with passports and may be here a week longer. Sonya is in pain with a shoulder and arm that are really bothering her. She went to an "American Doctor" in Kiev, but said he was not American but she got some shots and medication. The problem with their process has something to do with getting the security code for the passport and that isn't happening until they clear the boys from the property that they are supposed to inherit. Our Oleg may have the same issue but hopefully we can transfer everything to Alina and not have the problem. I am sure that Sonya would appreciate any love and support that anyone can spare right now.

Oksana also found out that the thing that Alina mentioned that she didn't like about our family was that we made her pray before she could eat. I am sure that she is talking about how we ask the blessing on the food and pray before we eat meals but I thought most families did that. It is not like we withhold food if you don't go through a religious ritual or something but I guess if it were a completely foreign thing that it could be uncomfortable. I am sad that this small and harmless act has been something that would cause her to reject a family that could give her so much. I don't think that her family had any religious background. Oleg seems to be adapting really well. He likes the name Spencer and wants us to call him that. He and Vitaly pray with us at mealtime and at night without any complaints.

Oksana said that tentatively we may be able to go home next Saturday. WE HOPE, WE HOPE.
We should know more tomorrow.

I just talked to Dave and he pointed out that I signed a recent post "the 5 Hinksons in Dnepro" I got used to being 5 with him here and so I said that.. not thinking. He said "you aren't bringing home someone I don't know about are you?" He is funny and worried that I will try to sneak another orphan out of here. It would certainly be easier than coming back again for round two. Once again my great admiration for those who have done this process more than once. You are Amazing!!!!

All is Well

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is the 7th time I have tried to send you a message. I hope this time I have figured it out. I want you, Christy and Tyler and Dave to know how really really proud I am of all of you. I have followed your full experience and have shed LOTS of tears over all that you have gone through. You are constantly in our prayers and we love you SO much. We will take care of Alisa this week and enjoy her and keep reading as your time progresses. What an amazing adventure you are on. I am worried about your Kidney Stone and pray that it will stay in "hibernation". PLEASE take good care of yourself and we hope to hear you are home soon. We love you very very much. Love Mom and Bill

    ReplyDelete