Hinkson Family Circle





Friday, June 18, 2010

Update on the loving relatives


I forgot to mention one thing that Oksana found out. There are 2 sets of relatives that have been trying to stop the adoption of Oleg. The couple from Russia that are his Godparents went to the social services office and were discouraged by the paperwork but did put in a formal complaint that stated that they wanted to adopt him and even though they are only 21 (which would make this impossible) at least they gave it a shot. It turns out that the one who filed the paper with the prosecutor was Marina (the aunt/sister/cousin) She said that Oleg should not leave his country and that he was sitting by a tree crying and saying that he didn't want to go to America. He denies any tears were shed and I believe him and so did everyone who had to interview him. She does obviously love the kids and I think that she is the main factor that influenced Alina. We won the battle with Oleg though and despite her efforts to keep him from being raised in a Christian home, he is my son now!!

I am not sure which relative will "tear my dress," but I am keeping my eyes peeled for this woman. I have practiced picking up Oleg and taking him under my arm and running. I have a feeling that I could outrun her. (She is a chain-smoker)



2 comments:

  1. Ha! I bet you could out run her too. (Not to mention she'd probably have to hold on to her pants to keep her crack from showing while chasing you!)
    Craziness....what ever will I do for entertainment when you're home??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, Wendy, Wendy - You are a crack up Ha Ha!

    Christy, I am sorry you are going to miss your daughters birthday. How sad. The last part of the process always feels the longest.

    I can't believe those needles. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete