Hinkson Family Circle





Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More that happened on day 2 Novo






We were invited to family that Tyler knows for a visit tonight. We went at 7:30 and visited the Shadrin family. I will post a picture of them and their 2 cute kids. We talked and they fed us some wonderful dill pickle soup. My sister in law, Danielle gave me a recipe for this before we left and now that I have tasted it, I am going to go right home and make it. It was SOOOO good. I know it sounds kind of gross but it is a lot like ham chowder with little bits of pickle in it. You also put a slice of lemon and sour cream in it. She also made a kind of a cornbread or biscuit cake thing with cream cheese in a layer in it. My DJ wouldn't like it but Tyler and I did. I was proud that she could bake in her oven and not burn things. They were a great family. He is the branch president here. As we were leaving she said to me in English (which means that she probably practiced this little speech for awhile) "Christina, Your son Tyler was a really good missionary. He made my testimony to grow by the things that he taught to us. Thank you for him." It was very sweet. I find it so sweet that people keep thanking me for what Tyler did. I know that I talk about this a lot but the Russian people are so grateful for these missionaries. They are doing more than they realize here. One cute elder asked Elder Scott today about what he could do because he is working in a branch in a city that has only 2 come to church. How depressing would that be. He gave him some good advice and I wanted to hug him and say "hang in there buddy, You will be amazed someday at the good that you are doing." Last night Tyler knew almost every person that came to the meeting. The church is very young here but it is doing great things in the lives of these people we meet. They have a glow and are so happy to know what they know. I am also posting a picture of Elder Nielsen who is from Logan and serving in The city we are visiting next. It was great to see him today.

All is well
Christy

The pictures are of the missionary meeting, the family we saw tonight (a lot of families have a swing or something like these rings hanging in the house for the kids to play on. Also a picture of our hotel lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment