Hinkson Family Circle





Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pray for us Please

Last night at 2 am by some miracle Sonya was able to reach us by phone (We are in the wilderness of Siberia) and told us that there are people going to the orphanage trying to keep Oleg from being adopted. They went in and met with Irina and she kicked them out and said "Where have you been for the past 5 years?" Evidently they are his godparents and Vitaly says they are the people who baptized him and Sonya says it is the cousin lady but whoever it is they are messing with MY SON! They went to the Social Services office to file an appeal and they told them that they need to gather a mound of paperwork and so hopefully they won't have time to do that in the one working day that they have before we get back.

I was just sick. We couldn't call anyone (the phones don't work out there on the train) we had no internet. I felt panicked, and very helpless.

When the train FINALLY arrived in Krasnoyarsk we called everyone we could. I think I woke Sonya up (so so sorry) and we talked to Oleg who seemed not as phased by all of it as we had worried. We looked up flights and all kinds of routes to try to get back sooner. They had one today that would cost us 4000.00 to take and we would still just get there a little bit before when we already have a ticket for. We called Vitaly and he said that he would try to keep Oleg away from "the people" and we are praying that nothing will go wrong with the judge's decision or delay this adoption any longer. I think it will be OK. I hope it will be OK I will feel more OK when we get back to Dnepro and have the boys in our arms and their passports to America.

The Drama never ends.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Who are these people??? And Irina is right, where have they been for five years?? Oh, my heart went in my throat-please post lots and keep us informed. You'll be in my prayers.
    Hurry home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you!!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete