Hinkson Family Circle





Thursday, June 10, 2010

Last day in Novo

We packed this morning and put our luggage in storage and left the hotel this morning. Unfortunately Tyler had been charging the phone because we were anticipating a call from home and forgot it at the hotel and so we missed the call from Dave and the kids :( :( I am starting to think that everyone looks like my kids at home. I saw a girl skating that looked like Alisa and I see boys that look like my boys and I am getting very homesick.

We went to the Ikea here to get some things for the trip and some grape Mentos to take home. They are really good and I have never seen them in the states. We went by where Tyler used to live. They call the apartment "the Palace" I will post a picture of it.

At 3:00 we met President and Sister Trejo at their home (doma) here in Novo. It is a beautiful mission home and they are wonderful people. We visited and had a wonderful time learning from their great examples. I am sure that they were exhausted from hosting Elder Scott and Elder Paul the past few days but they still took time to spend with us which was very generous. We ate Mexican food with them at a place called Mexico and enjoyed the opportunity to chat about missionaries that they had all served with. President Trejo drove us to our hotel and in a few minutes we will jump on another night train to Krasnoyarsk for a couple of days. Then we will leave Russia and return to Ukraine.

Here are some pictures
Love to all
Christy

1 comment:

  1. Americans adopting in Ukraine visiting Russia ate at Mexico. ha! You definitely had a busy time in Russia and we enjoyed following along.

    ReplyDelete