Hinkson Family Circle





Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The train ride

On the train last night from Omsk to Novosibirsk (new Siberia) we had a beautiful sunset. I am going to post a picture although it doesn't do justice. We were not tired because we are still stuck on dnepro time and so we laid there awake and had a great discussion about lots of things which was cool. It occurred to me how the light of hope, Christianity and the Gospel are just beginning to shine in Russia. The Morning Breaks. There are still shadows that need to flee but the sun is starting to shine and that is a good thought.

We were able to find a hotel close to the train station (bloxal) and go to sleep for a couple of hours. It is a nice place and we are on the 20th floor which gives us some great views of the city.

We woke up and took the metro which is just across the street to the mission office. Tyler talked to everyone and introduced me to a million people today (Ok not quite a million) but since I don't think there are that many Russian names, I hope if I see them again, I will guess right.

We then went walking to places in the city. It is a modern city and I have enjoyed seeing where he spent so much time and the people who grew to love him and are so excited to see him.

We ate at a cool Italian place called El Patio. It was really good. Kind of a cross between Firehouse and Olive Garden. It was one of the best meals of the trip. We toured some more and then went to the hotel to change for the meeting with Elder Scott.

It was in the upstairs of a theater that I think they use for weddings. It was full but it didn't seem like a ton of people were there to me. Most of the people came by bus or train and some traveled 12 hours to get to meet Elder Scott and the Area President President Paul. It was a great meeting. He mostly spent the time answering questions and then shook everyone's hand. The questions were very basic and when he told his experience of losing his 2 children and then his wife for the past 15 years, he said that she now gets to be with the 2 children in a different place and that is good. I thought that Tyler and I are clear over here and poor Dave is home doing everything and I hope he is doing OK. Death is kind of like a small amount of time apart and then you have your family together forever. It is such a blessing to have that knowledge.

Dave goes back to work today and also has kids staying at our house and going to EFY with Daniel. I hope everyone is doing great. We are having a good trip through Siberia and are very anxious to get home and hug the family and kiss my grandbabies until they push me away. I miss everyone so much. I will post some pictures from today.

I also found out that Bryan (our son #2) was just transfered to Kiev and so we may get the chance to see him one more time with the boys. We will see how it goes. I am proud of Sonya and Dean for making it through Dnepro playground violence, tantrums and Ukrainian everything else they are facing. I think they should get a Nobel peace prize. Someone tell President Obama about the Corbett family.

All is well
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment