Hinkson Family Circle





Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday Back in Kiev

We took the morning express train to Kiev this morning to hopefully get papers for Vitaly and return on the night train so that Oksana could get the things notarized and we could get a court date. We spent the afternoon standing on the stairs at the SDA but no luck. The director had not signed a paper yet and so we need to go back tomorrow and wait on the stairs again. Dave is pretty fed up. Today he said "What are we doing here? Are we crazy?" We haven't completely lost our vision and we know that it will all be worth it someday. We will look back on all of this with fondness ( Personally I think it will be after Alzheimer's is beginning to set in.) but I think the thing that is hard for him is that he has absolutely no control of anything that happens here. We are at the mercy of others and that is hard. He is worried about his practice and the patients that are scheduled for next week. His ticket to go home is this Saturday and there is no way that we will have court before that. He is talking about going home and working until just before court and then coming back. At first I wasn't a fan of the idea, unless he took us with him, but then I started thinking of all the things that he could bring back for us like more clothes for the boys and another laptop and games and things for us to do here etc. and now I think it may work out fine. Tyler and I could go to Russia at some point and I told Dave maybe a Mediterranean cruise but we probably shouldn't leave our new boys for too long. It is hard to be so close to places we love like Italy and wake up each morning to our sparkly wallpaper and know that what we have to look forward to.

Last night we saw Alina and she actually let us talk to her. Ty and I were returning the boys and she was on the stairs and stopped. She actually smiled and was wearing the necklace that I gave her. We told her that she didn't need to be afraid of us and thanks for letting us take Oleg. She smiled and let me give her a hug. It was kind of a healing moment for us.

We are stuck in Kiev for tonight and maybe tomorrow night depending on the SDA. Kiev is even more beautiful this trip probably because we are more awake this time around. Kostya picked us up at the train station and has been such a great facilitator. You can tell that they really like him a lot at the SDA.

All is well enough

PS

The words to a song that I wrote a few years ago is haunting me today. Don't you love when things you said come back to haunt you later. The song is Through Tomorrow's Eyes. The words that I remember are: (I think I had to guess on some of these but the message still is true)

Sometimes I don't see clearly, sometimes my vision's blurred
For I have not loved dearly every trial I've endured
Sometimes the path is blinding and it's hard to realize
There are blessings I'll see through tomorrow's eyes

Through tomorrow's eyes We'll cherish rain and thunder
Through tomorrow's eyes we'll wonder why we wondered
and we will find our trials hard to recognize
If we could see today through tomorrow's eyes

My vision's getting better, for vision is the way
That those who went before me faced their struggles everyday
When I am faced with challenge I can gladly pay the price
For the lessons I learn through tomorrow's eyes

Through tomorrow's eyes We'll cherish rain and thunder
Through tomorrow's eyes we'll wonder why we wondered
and we will find our trials hard to recognize
If we could see today through tomorrow's eyes

There is growing and learning where no pages are turning and it I keep enduring I will see:

Through tomorrow's eyes We'll cherish rain and thunder
Through tomorrow's eyes we'll wonder why we wondered
and we will find our trials hard to recognize
If we could see today through tomorrow's eyes


No comments:

Post a Comment