Hinkson Family Circle





Monday, May 10, 2010

continued

We had a good laugh and went back to make our meeting with Kostya and Oksana. We met Oksana who is delightful! She was so happy and fun to be with and we are thrilled to have such awesome faciitators. I gave her Wendy's gift and she said that Wendy was her favorite and told me the sauna story. She has loved working with all the Utah women and so I have a lot to live up to. She couldn't believe that Wendy would send her a gift and was thrilled.

Here are some more pictures of our trip so far. Tomorrow is the long awaited SDA appt and then we get to head to the region. HOORAY!


4 comments:

  1. Oksana is wonderful. I am glad you have her for a facilitator she will make you laugh. Wendy is everyone's favorite, but that is because she is so darn nice. :) That's why we love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever Amy!
    I am so glad she liked my gift. Oksana gave us the best gift. Alex. My eyes are watering just thinking about how much Oksana means to us! (She only likes me best because I took care of her when she was sick once! That and we'd talk for hours on end!)
    And that escalator? You could charge admission and ride it at an amusement park don't you think?
    How wonderful to see your son on his mission and to have the other with you! What a great mothers day!
    I love your writing style. So descriptive! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY is right! I am hanging on every word you write, and cannot wait to see your Dnipro posts. Your posts are keeping me sane while we wait (not so patiently) to travel. We are going to stay on the same side of the river as the orphanage, so we will be close to you. :) Can you tell me if it was a hassle to get through customs? Did you just declare your cash and go through? No problems? You didn't hire one of the "service" guys did you? This is a conversation I had today and hoped it wasn't a big deal.

    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Customs was no problem. No one asked anything about money. We walked out the lane that said nothing to declare and it was a breeze. I wouldn't hire anyone for that. Who is picking you up at the airport? We met Irina today. She was at the SDA during the time of our appointment. You will love Oksana. Take a nice long hot bath or shower. Tyler filled up the tub and the water is yellow. I won't feel clean for weeks :) We can't wait to see you! Hope your flight is good.

    ReplyDelete