Hinkson Family Circle





Thursday, May 20, 2010

a note about comments

Thanks so much for your comments. It is like Christmas to open the blog and see that others are caring what is happening to our little bunch in Ukraine.

It is cool to me that a few months ago I was writing to Lori while they had their Rita experience and crying for them and thinking that I could never go through that and now she is comforting us and knows exactly what it is like.

I hope this isn't painful for Arri who kind of gave up her son for adoption to us. If I was seeing pictures of cute Vitaly and had hosted him that long, I hope it is OK that we have him and that you are feeling OK with all of this. We love him and I promise to take good care of him. I am feeling haunted by what you said about giving up without a fight for Alina. I hope that we are not giving up. I think it is more like giving in to doing this her way. She actually looked at us for a minute today. I think our only chance to really ever talk to her is for her to know that we won't be trying to change her mind or alter her dreams. There is still maybe a chance that she will change her mind but I really doubt it. I feel really content with taking 2 boys home and it is a miracle that they are willing to separate Alina and Oleg.

I agree that the Aunt is not concerned with the Alina's welfare and is being extremely selfish. To make her believe that staying in an orphanage and then living on Ukrainian welfare is the most that she can look forward to is really sad. We did talk for a few minutes to Ruslana today. She said that she doesn't want to go to America because it would be too scary to be in a different place and learn a different language. If outgoing Ruslana is scared, Alina must be terrified. She confirmed that the Ukrainian family is working on paperwork to adopt her and Anya. (so sorry Meyers)

It is taking a long time this whole process. Oksana said that we have lost a week with the Alina issues. We will be here longer than expected. That 10 day waiting period is going to be like forever. We head to Kiev on Tuesday for Vitaly's papers and then a few days later we get a court date.

Wendy, you are such a hoot and we laugh throughout the day thinking about what you wrote last. You are keeping our spirits in a good place and if our boy turn out as well as your cute Alex we will be thrilled. (same for you Roger's boys!)

1 comment:

  1. Christy, first let me say that I think you are fighting for Alina, by letting her choose! You are giving her the "understanding" that she needs to see from you. She will also be witnessing the love that you are giving her bother and Vitaly. What better way is there to show how much you care for all of them. You are so doing the right thing!

    It has been a little tough to see Vitaly, and I have been a little jealous, I'll admit. I also have seen the happiness in his eyes, and the way he is being with you, is so darling! He is with the right family. Heavenly Father certainly has his agenda for these kids, and we need to carry it out! I do love him, and I want what is best for him, and that is you and your family. I hope that he will someday know that it wasn't that I didn't want him. It was just that I needed to do what Heavenly Father had planned for him. I knew going into this. It was just hard to let go. I hope he knows how much he is wanted!

    We did take him to Lagoon, and he liked it. I didn't get a overwhelming feeling that he had the greatest time. He had fun hanging out with the older guys, and he thought that was cool.

    You are doing great. Hang in there. We are all in your corner cheering you on.

    Arri

    ReplyDelete