Hinkson Family Circle





Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Day of Decision in Dnepro

We took the night train to Dnepro. Therefore we haven't slept. We went to the office of the inspector and did the interview and then finally went to the orphanage. When we got there they went to get the kids out of school. When they came in the room our hearts were beating so hard. I got a video of the whole thing which I will post as soon as I can get internet. We are in the I cafe and to make a long story short, Vitaly and Oleg were so happy to be adopted and were ready to write the letter saying that they wanted to be our children as soon as we arrived. After a few hours Alina also wanted to write the letter and so Oksana has 3 letters and we are for sure planning to adopt Alina, Oleg and Vitaly. I know that this is an answer to a lot of prayers and I need to tell the whole story but Oksana is waiting to make tomorrow's plans and so I need to go. We gave the gift to Anya and she was thrilled. I think that now Alina is going to America, she will want to go too. We need to finish talking to her tomorrow. It looks like Ruslana will for sure be going with another family. We couldn't give her the gift as she was gone for her birthday. We have not yet seen christina for the Loves but will see her as soon as we can. Alina that the Loves wanted to adopt was adopted by family members which explains how she could be excited to go to America and suddenly change. I have only begun my sleuthing. When we left today, Alina ran into my arms and said that she loved me. I will write more details of the day and post pictures soon. Thanks for all the prayers and faith. They are working and we have been blessed!

8 comments:

  1. I am so so so happy that Alina had a change of heart. I can't even imagine how you must feel. We are still praying that everything continues to run smoothly for you. How is it that Ruslana and Anya can be seperated? Don't the same rules apply for Ukrainian couples? So glad you are doing the sleuthing...you are great at it! Sending you our love and excitement for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoo! What a relief! I had a feeling she would change her mind when you guys got there. I'm so excited for the video, pictures and a more detailed version of your reunion. I am so happy for all of you. We will keep sending prayers your way.

    Arri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray!!
    Like Arri, I will be anxiously waiting to hear and see more! But I do appreciate the quick update!
    Don't you just LOVE Dnipro? (Or have they gotten rid of all the factories, garbage and poor air quality since we were there?)
    I'll be stalking your blog all day.....
    W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a post. So short, but so full of emotion. This is excellent news for you! We pray that things continue to work out and that you can come home with these 3 kids. We're excited for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart it smiling - what awesome news for you! Prayers are answered. (Thank you for letting us know about "our" Alina. It brings peace.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy that so much has gone so well, it brings hope to all. We were wondering if during your sleuthing you could also check on how Losha and Katya are doing? If time does not allow we understand, but it would be very nice to hear about them. The Horans

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't wait to get home from work today and check your blog. Yahoo!! We are so happy things are going smoothly so far. Can't wait to hear and see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so thrilled for your family. We will keep our prayers coming:)

    ReplyDelete