Hinkson Family Circle





Monday, May 31, 2010

A Mall!!! We are giddy with delight

We went to pick up the boys to go and see their school but they both had fun activities planned to celebrate summer break until 1 and obviously they would rather go once a year events with their peers and so Dave and I decided to go on a walk. I have to say first that I have been wanting to take the bus that goes around our side of the river for awhile now to see what else is here but we haven't. Well.... we walked down past the pizza place we have gone to a few times and there is a great big outdoor market (renik) and then a huge store called Rainford It is about the size of half o a walmart. We went in and they had a huge grocery store with so many more things than ours has. There is a sports store, a toy store, a place to buy clothes, cosmetics, etc etc. They have a play area like at the skating rink in SLC with the soft climbing toys (like extreme adventure used to have) and air hockey tables and sit in video games and things our boys will love. We bought a memory game that has English words on the pictures and some Lego sets and some other flash cards and sparkly pens. I want to take the boys back after the luncheon today following the Corbett's court. I can not believe that we have been missing out on this almost American type of place. Now we are almost ready to leave we finally have a nice place to shop. HOORAY

4 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I took the day train how shocked I was at the beautiful countryside. I love the pictures. We didn't even know about that mall place. Man, we really could have used a change of scenery after going from the school to the park or the pizza place everyday for what seemed like a hundred days.

    Isn't Wendy hilarious? I loved her comment about them not changing your sheets being a compliment to your hygiene. I am still laughing about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy, you are too kind. I just figure it's better to laugh then cry? I cried too much in Ukraine and just craved any and all comments from home so now here I am blog stalking the poor Hinkson's with my endless comments and suggestions!
    I'm wondering if this mall is the same that Constantine took me too on the other side of the river. I remember the video games and play place and it was so much bigger and cleaner than everything else we saw in Dnipro. It reminded me a lot of a mini-Walmart only made into smaller stores inside? I don't remember an ice rink but that doesn't mean anything as I'm not always the most observant. I DO remember it was lovely! And we bought chips and chocolate-a staple for Alex and I.
    Can't wait to hear about you Russia travels and of course your court date before that.
    I hope Sonya will blog about court and that all goes well. Hopefully you all have all ready celebrated with them and are sleeping soundly with thoughts running through your head of what you will blog about in the morning!
    Just a few more days and Dave can go home and you guys can get out of Dodge....I mean Dnipro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we need to set up something on the blog with the best apts in the different towns, the best restaurants, the best sight seeing, the best shopping...so that the next ones going will know. And everything with an illustrated map=) Andreas, want to take over that one or post a demand on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My computer has been crashed for a week and a half so I am just catching up on your blog. Wow! a lot has happened since I last read!! I love the pictures and all. Sounds like things are going well. Your almost there!

    ReplyDelete