Hinkson Family Circle





Friday, May 28, 2010

New Names

To answer Arri's question: Vitaly wants to be called Vitalyand is not really excited about any American name. He wants the name David Beckham but we already have enough Davids in the fam. Oleg wants the name Michael Jackson, but that is not going to happen. We are thinking of Spencer for him. We will probably call them by their current names but for the passport it will be good to have an American name too. I am worried about people (teachers) being able to pronounce Vitaly. I personally love the name but already people can pronounce it pretty creatively. Lots to think about.

2 comments:

  1. How old are the boys? BTW, congrats on the courtdate. We arrive in Kiev on June 15th. We are adopting older siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe with Vitaly you could just give him an American middle name? Then if he decided later he wants an American name, he has one? Vitaly Beckham Hinkson.....not bad?
    Or how about Oleg Jackson Hinkson? (I wish I had a font for sarcasm.)
    I know what you mean about the 99.9% Caucasian issue. When we were at Stake Conference in Kiev some Asian people walked in and Alex started pointing and doing kung-fu moves. I don't think he's been exposed to much diversity there. (He thinks all Asian's have moves like Jackie Chan!)
    Don't even get me started on bribery.....I'm just going to walk away from that subject.
    As always, good to know you're alive and well and haven't fallen in the train toilet and left on the tracks in the beautiful countryside of Ukraine.
    W

    ReplyDelete