Hinkson Family Circle





Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 7 part one Wednesday

We are bored stiff. We can't finish the conclusion yet until Alina decides what she wants. We really should have requested that they give us a referral for Vitaly first because we can make progress on that adoption. The one we are on is much more complicated. We are excited to see the Corbetts who arrived on the train today. I made Borscht this morning and tried not to think about all the utensils that I would have used at home along with my big pot. I had to use the 2 small pans we have. The cutting and chopping will hopefully make it taste better than home because more love went into this soup. At home I get a bag of coleslaw mix from Sam's club and dice some potatoes and pour in a can of beets and we are done. Here you have to wash, peel, grate with a dangerous grater etc etc. But that kept me from dying of boredom until the kids get home from school.

Dave is sick today. He has a sore throat, cough and now a fever. I pray that we don't have to take him to a doctor here. He probably got it from the notary who was sick and had lost her voice the other day. Who knows there are plenty of germs here....everywhere.

Thanks a ton for the posts that you have sent. If you can't post, you can email us at hinkson@pcu.net. it has truly been a lifesaver to know that we are being cheered on by those we love at home. Our hearts are still tender and tears are right on the surface. The other day Oksana told me to be prepared to cry in the rat hole building but I wasn't sad at all. Today I could cry at any moment.

I don't know what to think about the director. I wouldn't be surprised if she is secretly discouraging the kids and making it look like she is our friend on the surface. This whole thing has shot a hole in our ability to trust anyone here, We feel like Vitaly is open and honest and tells it like it is. He said that there are rumors about Americans like we set off a bomb in Germany or something but he said "They are not going to change my mind." Bless his heart!

More later after we see the kids

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you make borscht at home. I guess with return missionary son's from Ukraine you had already figured this out?
    I am sorry Dave is sick and that things are at a stand still. What frustration.
    Vitaly reminds me of my Alex with the "Ipod" request yesterday, the climbing and his unwavering heart wanting to come to America no matter what!
    Hang in there. I hope today things start moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Christie. You win hands down over that sister/aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thoughts and prayers are with you ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Vitaly sounds like he is going to be an amazing kiddo in your family. We keep praying that everything works out with Oleg and Alina. I guess that good part of being there so long is that you can deal with and work through some of these emotions, and try to make sense of them. With this time to work over everything, you'll be able to make the right decisions about everything. You left with an open mind and a heart full of faith. Hold onto that same faith that all these things will work out the way HE knows best for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How hard for you guys. What a difficult situation. I also, am impressed you are making Borscht you are Wonder Woman. You are a such a contrast to her aunt. You are have such a kind, loving, nurturing spirt and you are full of light. You can see it in everything about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything makes you appreciate home doesn't it! We are praying for things to work out for you. We just had the SAC luncheon yesterday and we are all rooting for you!! Love reading your blog! keep us up to date with all that happens.

    ReplyDelete