Hinkson Family Circle





Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Update on Rome

We are having a blast in Rome. This is the first time that we haven't had to rush through a visit here and get to enjoy this part of the world more at our leisure. We are here with Devin, Heather and Joe, James and Alicen. Last night we were joined by Debby and Scott, Lauren and Jared Moon. We have also been traveling with Jacki and Marcus Reed and her parents Lee and Norma Richards. We have been having a great time and are about over the jet lag. Yesterday we woke up at 3 am and today we made it until 5 am and so things are settling in.

We will be in Rome until Thursday morning when we head north to Unbria, Tuscany, Sienna, Florence, Assisi and Pisa. Debbie and I were joking last night (she is my sister) that maybe we have a castle in Tuscany that we can go claim that was left by our ancestors who were 3 kings of Italy. The husbands were saying that some ancestor probably wanted to be royal and so they made up all the genealogy that included all the kings etc. They said that pedigree charts are not factual. Well whatever, it is fun to think that someone in our family line once came from this wonderful, magical place and since Italians pass down their houses from generation to generation, it was a fun thought.
There are so many things that I love about Italy, I love the art and culture but even more I love the colors and charm of the buildings here and the people who are kind and family oriented. I love the countryside and the unique things that grow here and I love the food. In one day we made sure to have some pasta, pizza, pastries and gelato (ice cream) I am sure we will do the same today. I hope we don't need 2 seats on the plane ride home :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow. If you find yourself a caste....we'll have to plan a retreat!!
    I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm....that was suppose to be CASTLE not caste. I don't want you to find a caste....even if you are in the upper caste. Don't find a cast either -as in a caste for a broken bone. Either way caste/cast....not good! Castle...good!!

    ReplyDelete