Hinkson Family Circle





Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sienna






On Friday we did a whirlwind tour of Cities in Tuscany. We left the Agritourismo and headed to Sienna. Then we Drove to Pisa and last we drove to Florence. We drove back to Rome and arrived late. Here is my impression of each city with pictures.

Sienna was not what I expected. It was a medieval city/fortress and is on top of a hill like many old places in Tuscany. I LOVED the countryside surrounding the old city of Sienna but I was kind of disappointed that the city seemed too much like a tourist trap and would probably be a shopper's paradise but I didn't find the magical charm that I was hoping for there. We spent about an hour there which wasn't long enough to really appreciate the city. Here are some views from Sienna

No comments:

Post a Comment