Hinkson Family Circle





Thursday, March 17, 2011

Umbria and Assisi.






Umbria and Assisi.
One of my favorite places on earth is the Italian region of Umbria. The rolling hills, the farm houses in their beautiful tuscan colors, the vineyards and olive groves just have a way of feeding my soul. As we left the busy pace of Rome and headed toward Assisi, the views were breathtaking. I wish I could capture with my camera what I saw with my very own eyes. Absolutely Stunning views.

We visited the town on the hill called Assisi. It is where St Francis of Assisi is from and since it was St Patrick's day we thought that would be appropriate :) We visited the large church that they built in his honor and saw some early forms of art etc.
Then we took another scenic drive to my favorite place on earth, an agriturismo called Beate Vanna just outside of Fabro Italy. We spent the afternoon and evening laughing and visiting and having a great authentic Italian dinner of Lasagne, Steak, Beans, Spinach, and apple cake. I will post some view from our window this morning. I highly reccommend this bed and breakfast if you ever travel to Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment