Hinkson Family Circle





Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Blog

Today is the first day that all of our children have gone to school with the exception of Grandma Day. We have kids in 4 different schools and so with everyone starting on different days and Scotty feeling sick it took everyone awhile to all go on the same day. So this is my first day all alone. I would usually feel a little sad and reflective but mostly I feel relieved and kind of on the verge of jumping up and down. Good thing we live in the country so not too many people will hear me if I run around the yard singing and doing ballet jumps. It is just so good to have everyone busy learning and doing constructive things that I am not having to dream up. There won't be any tattling, fighting, messing or even talking until 2:30 WHEW!

I started a new blog so that families can help each other through the adjustments that follow adoption. It is a little overwhelming to see all the things that need to be done and taught when you bring a new member into your family. Yesterday I got to eat lunch with some of the coolest Moms on the earth and they gave me a lot of hope that the issues we are facing are not going to last forever. That is what I needed to hear and I would love for anyone to comment on the blog if you are going through these issues or if you have good ideas for solving the problems we face. Those who are following, and those who will be in the future will be forever grateful. The blog is not a chronological blog and if you click on the topic (problem) you can share your feelings on the topics. Feel free to share advice or vent about what you are experiencing. The address of the blog is:

Postadoptionadjustments.blogspot.com

Hopefully we can ease the shock of the post adoption adjustments.

Time to go jump up and down.
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment