Hinkson Family Circle





Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grandma Day

With the kids in school, I could not wait to have a whole day with my cute grandsons, James and Blake. We had a very very fun day together. I picked up the boys about 8:30 and we had planned to go to the Logan Zoo first but it was pouring rain. We did the next best thing and went to Petsmart :) After looking at fish, birds, cats, mice etc. we went to Borders and bought some new children's books. We then went next door to Old Navy and looked for a new outfit for the boys. A cute older couple asked me if the boys were twins. I said "no, they are the sons of twins though" we can call them the Hinkson twins---the next generation. I think that I am going to start calling Alisa and Vitaly twins since they are the same age. They both cringe whenever we suggest twinship. for them.

After finding matching shorts (that will fit better next summer) and shirts, socks and hats, we headed home. We had lunch and read stories and played until the boys were tired. They had a hard time sleeping very well in unfamiliar beds and so we finally got back in the car and drove around the neighborhood until they fell asleep. We parked in the driveway and listened to rain on the roof while they slept. When they woke up we headed to A&W for a baby cone and that was fun to watch them enjoy. Blake put the cone up to his face and sucked the ice cream out. So cute.

After some more stories, toys, a bubble bath,snacks, pictures, and seeing the kids come home, we had to take the boys home. What a great day. What a great blessing it is to have children who bring so much love and joy into our lives. This is truly what life is all about :)

3 comments:

  1. I bet that lady in Borders thought they were YOUR babies! So cute. They do look like twins!
    What a fun day. I hope I'm a fun grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandkids are so cute. What a fun grandma you are! Can I be one of your grandkids and come up for a story and ice cream?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable little kids, and what a cute grandma you are. We're still not sure about coming to the baptisms. I might just collapse that day! And congratulations on the baptisms. It's a GREAT milestone. We're cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete