Hinkson Family Circle





Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Holly and Heather







I woke up this morning thinking of my sweet girls who are both 23 today. Words to a poem kept coming into my mind that I will post below. It may sound like it is just one child that I am writing about but that is because our sweet girls do so many things just alike. They are not both expecting however, just Heather :) They have been such a source of joy in our life, from the sweet little faces they made as toddlers to the sweet Mommies they are to their own toddlers. It has all happened so quickly and we are so proud and full of joy because of Holly and Heather. Happy birthday Girls!!


It seems it was your wedding, only yesterday
But now your baby’s one and there’s another on the way.
Just the day before, with ambition in your eyes
You were the youngest graduates of BYU-I
And the day before that I remember it was rough
As we watched you in your room, packing up your stuff.
And weren’t you barely waving on another parade route
People are amazed at your beauty, inside and out.
And just the day before you were thinking life was cool
With your missing 2 front teeth, you were heading off to school
And the day before that, you were learning how to talk
And at only 7 months, you were learning how to walk.
Just the day before, you were finally, finally here
It’s been 23 years, but the memory’s so clear.
In all my nice laid plans, to make your childhood last
The ladies told the truth, it all goes by too fast.
I’m glad for all the hugs and the kisses on the cheek
‘Cause it seems this time rushed by in the matter of a week.
Thank goodness for the knowledge that our sweet girls will be
Our treasured daughters for all eternity.
A tiny little lifetime simply will not do
For we have only just begun to know the joy of YOU.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I had to sort of skim it though because this topic makes me cry with my own baby in college these days. (And I don't have time to cry this morning!)
    What darling pictures and beautiful daughters. Must take after their mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, Thanks for the sweet poem! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! How fun for you guys to have each other.

    ReplyDelete