Hinkson Family Circle





Tuesday, June 14, 2011

End of School Awards and Apple Pies

Here is a picture of Vitaliy with the ESL award that he was given at the end of school. His ESL teacher chose him out of all the ESL kids to recognize. He was so excited to come home and tell us all about how she praised him and even cried at the assembly in front of the whole school.

We have a tradtion at the end of school that we have been doing for years. I thought it would be fun to share it with my blog friends. I make apple pies (or buy them) and give them to our favorite teachers with this poem. I think they feel a little of the appreciation we feel for all they do for our children. Here is the little poem:


An Apple for the Teacher
A tradition of the past
In gratitude for teachings
That last and last and last.

You have been my teacher
And I have learned from you
Things I will remember
And use my whole life through

You have shown me sweetness
And made me feel I'm fine
You have added spice
And made your teachings shine

A simple apple all alone
Simply wouldn't do
And so I bring an apple pie
To show my thanks to you.

CRH

1 comment: