Hinkson Family Circle





Thursday, June 30, 2011

California Vacation

We have been having fun in Sunny California. It has been over 100 degrees everyday we have been here. We need some of this sun in California to "dry up all the rain."
Sunday we went to church in Irvine and went to see the Newport temple. The grounds were absolutely beautiful.
Monday we spent a day at Magic Mountain. Dave and I decided that our Amusement park days are officially over. Go ahead and turn us in for being mean parents but the agony that we go through is not counterbalanced enough with joy by the kids and when they complain all day about lines etc.. it it time to hang up the Mickey mouse ears. I guess we are not as kid at heart as we used to be :)
We are really enjoying the resort we are at in Palm Desert. It is by Palm Springs and is beautiful. There are real Flamingos in the lake surrounding the resort. There is a beautiful golf course and a lot of pools and fun thngs to do. The kids are swimming up a storm and so far no serious sunburn. Dave asked the kids "who wants some sunscreen?" and Spencer said: "Ice Cream???" You have to hear his little soprano/Ukrainian accented/question voice to appreciate this. I don't know if he has water in his ears or it has something to do with his grasp on the language or lack thereof, but he has said some pretty funny things this week. Alisa was talking about french braiding her hair and he said "Alisa wants french bread in her hair??" He also calls a boogie board a "booger board." Both boys still have a hard time with the short "A" sound like in "at" Instead of Dad they say "Dud" or "Dod" or "Dead" Dave is pretty patient to put up with those names. They mean to call me fat and say that I am "Fet" since "fet" is just as close to "fit" as it is to "Fat" I just say "Thanks' and suck in my stomach a little more :) I texted this observation to a couple of friends the other day. What would I do without my support group of sistas?
The trip has helped us to notice some more English we need to work on.
We hear things like:
I should have bring my...
I put them where my clothes is.
I gotted wet.
etc.
We are making them say it correctly 5 time and hopefully they are learning. Who really knows :)
The big event yesterday was when a mother duck and her cute babies wanderred into the swimming pool. The kids loved that and tried to help them out when the Mother duck wanted to leave.
Here is to a couple more days of relaxation.
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment