Hinkson Family Circle





Saturday, October 30, 2010

Aloha



We made it to Hawaii. As soon as we stepped off the plane we could smell the tropical flowers and feel the warmth of this island and we knew that some relaxation was going to happen here. Dave has been busy going to Perio classes but I have been relaxing up a storm. I went shopping and sent home a box of goodies for the kids and grandkids (3-5 days kids) I have the start of a tan and we went to Leanord's and bought malasadas and found Haupia Ice cream in the grocery store. So much for our pre-hawaii diet :)Oh well, more of me to tan :)

Our last vacation was a year ago when we came here for the American Dental Association conference. What a year this has been. I would have to say that it has been a record year for stress and change in our family. I am so proud of everyone for making it through all we experienced this year. Next year will be great (isn't there traditionally calm following the storm :) (No, Ukraine did not count as a vacation.) Hawaii is nice because it is different enough to feel foreign but American enough to feel like you can relax.

We love our fam and hope you have fun trick or treating and that you get better soon after you get sick from eating too much candy because I am not there to make you ration it.
Aloha
Christy and Dave

PS in case you ever wondered what palm trees look like from above--here ya go.

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! My kids are wearing rain slickers and it's raining during trick or treating! And not a warm tropical rain either!
    I love Hawaii....post lot's so I can live vicariously through you!
    PS ( I feel a need to review your blog.....any suggestions where I should start?)

    ReplyDelete