Hinkson Family Circle





Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25--Waiting....

We are getting excited and more excited and then we calm ourselves down and then it starts all over again. Our bags are packed. Our babysitters are arranged. Meals are frozen, tickets are bought. We are days away from an amazing experience in Ukraine. We are determined that it will be amazing no matter what happens. We could come home with 1 child or maybe 4. The uncertainty is making our lives about as far from boring as possible.

We are so grateful that our married daughters and their husbands and sons will be staying at our house while we go. They know the drill here and we trust them completely to care for our family at home. They are already better parents than we are. What a blessing for them to be willing to drop everything and step in and be the Dad and Mom. I wish the SDA could meet our married kids because they would think that we were pretty amazing parents to have such awesome offspring. We can't take the credit but are enjoying the rewards anyway!

We are hoping that the Corbetts will be in Ukraine the same time as us and that we can get our children, who are in the same area, and have friends to speak English with and enjoy the experience with. Their soon-to-be son, Andre, fell and was in a Coma for a few days which was so very hard to be here and not be able to be there with any parental rights or way to help him. Hopefully this health issue will allow them to go faster than usual. When things like this happen it makes our trials seem so small and insignificant in comparison.

We are so grateful for the support and well wishing that we have recieved. I can tell that we are going to LOVE reading the comments of those at home while we are on the other side of the world. THANK YOU!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1-4 kids?! Wow, you really are going with open arms. :) We will be so excited to follow along and read about what happens.

    Ukraine is a beautiful country. Take TONS of pictures, and do not delete anything until you get home. Also, for your child(ren) sake, there will be a time when they will miss their friends in Ukraine. One thing we regret not doing is taking more pictures of those friends for our daughter. One suggestion - bring a digital camera that you can let your kid(s) use to run around and take pictures of their friends, teachers, living quarters, etc. They will enjoy these later on down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! How did I miss this blog for so long! I too will be a faithful follower and I am so excited for you!
    Just enjoy the ride. I have been following my experience last year and I'm so glad I blogged every moment of it. I thought I would remember it all but as I read each days entry just one hear later I had forgotten so much of it! I also like to see how far we've come with our communication and table manners etc.
    1 or 4. Wow, how do you prepare your house for that? I hope the time between now and leaving flies by-I remember that week taking forever!
    Congrats! Thanks for letting me come a long for the ride!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete