Hinkson Family Circle





Thursday, April 29, 2010

Almost There

We found out the good news that the Corbetts will be in Ukraine with us. Their SDA date is only a few days after ours. We hope to spend some good time with them in Ukraine with our new children. We will all be having an adventure for sure.

I wanted to explain the 1-4 children that I mentioned in the last post. We hosted Alina, Oleg and Vitaly and want to adopt all of them, that would be 3 children. Then we found out that Alina and Oleg have a younger brother (Zhenia) in an orphanage that is 150 miles away. He is 5 years old. We don't know much about him except he has been separated from them for most of his life as their mother died when he was only 2 months old. We want to see how they relate and if there is a relationship there and learn more about him when we get there. If we feel that he is to be in our family we may come home with 4.

Recently we talked to Alina who said that she no longer wants to come to America. She has some close friends in the orphanage that she doesn't want to leave. She also has an uncle who visited her recently that we didn't know about. Oksana feels that she will change her mind when we get there and she feels comfortable with us again but in case she doesn't we may not be able to adopt her or Oleg and that would mean that we come home with Vitaly (1 child). The only thing we know for sure is that the right things will happen and that we have the help of heaven on this one.

Wendy said that she has been reading her blog from a year ago. I hope that I can be 1/10th as entertaining of a blogger as she was. Someday we will look back on this whole "wondering" phase and smile. Retrospect is a beautiful thing.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, you will be entertaining! There is so much to write about AND we'll all be entertained just re-living it with you!
    If I get my act together, I'd like to have you deliver a gift to Oxana for me. I just love her to pieces!
    I'm so glad the Corbetts will be there with you. Having other families there saved me! Amy and I are still tight the minute we reconnect.
    So excited for both of you families!! I hope Corbetts will blog too!
    Let me know if I can help in anyway! We have some cellphones, hair dryers and curling irons coming to lunch on May 5th. Can you make it? Email me for more details. I could grab them for you if you can't.
    richharts@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm go glad you're going to be working with Oxana. We really liked her even though we ended up not adopting. I'm surprised it will be her since you're using a different agency. Believe me, it will be wonderful having another American couple with you. We had the Bensons with us on one of our trips, and we were able to share expenses and heartaches and successes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your Oxana our Oxana? It is a common name. If she has sassy, red curly hair, that's our girl! Maybe she works for more than one agency?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is the same Oxana. She knew who you were and works in the Dnepro Region for whoever hires her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Wendy I started the blog. ☺ Christy, I am looking forward to it all. I can't believe you are leaving on FRIDAY! You are so lucky to have your son going with you who speaks the language. Then again, we are both lucky to have SDA dates, huh? Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I LOVE your cute photo collage!

    ReplyDelete